1) Your child is exposed to the maximum number of people which helps them learn to get along with people from different background. This also leads to a greater synergy in terms of diversity as each group bring their own set of unique experiences.
2) Public schools generally follow a standardized curriculum and is calibrated ubiquitously through out the country
3) Public schools are free.
4) Public schools are generally secular in charter as they do not expose the children to religious studies.
The disadvantages of Public schools however are :-
1) There's generally more reported acts of violence in public schools.
2) Individual attention is very rare since they sport bigger classroom with greater number of pupils.