I have seen a number of people pronouncing 'th' as 's' e.g - think as sink, thought as sot, author as auser. A few years ago I found a term for such pronunciation in a dictionary and am unable to recall it now. Can anyone tell me the name of the term?


1 Answers

Ano Mouse Profile
Ano Mouse answered

A lisp maybe? It causes people to pronounce certain sounds differently.

thanked the writer.
Noor-ul-Elmah Hasan
Actually it isn't a lisp. Such kind of pronunciation has a proper recognized term to be called with. I did see that in a dictionary some time ago but unable to retrieve.

Answer Question