Is it possible for me to get my high school diploma and take college courses at the same time? I am 50 years old.


4 Answers

Lard Ass Profile
Lard Ass answered

Probably not, colleges require a high school diploma or a GED to admit someone to college. That being said, don't let that discourage you, it wonderful you want to finish school, good luck! :)

Jann Nikka Profile
Jann Nikka answered

Call several Jr colleges. You may possibly get a GED in 4-6 months. By March 2016 and be in college. Age is never a barrier to šŸ“š learning.

Zarro Torres Profile
Zarro Torres answered

Yes, only GED may help and junior college. It is never too late to start all over again. Good for you :-) I know someone who is in their 50s and trying to get his or her education back. Good luck and kudos to you :-)

Rath Keale Profile
Rath Keale answered

Yes.  I did it.  I went to university having not finished high school or without a GED.  I was not on probation as I entered university.  I don't have any college experience.

My advice is to go to the Mature Students office at the college or university or college you want to attend AFTER looking up the course calendar (course descriptions) online.  Have a good idea of what you want to study and why you want to do it.

In my case, I was asked to write an essay outlining why I didn't finish high school and describing the things I had learned since.  I needed to describe my employment and areas of responsibilities.

Thankfully, I had kept my writing skills up.  It matters to do that.

After that, my application was considered and I was accepted.

My other advice is to take an essay writing course first.  Then another course where you know a lot.  Take one course at a time until you are comfortable enough to move to two.

Good luck.

Answer Question