Here are some precautions:
- Before the cyclone season, check with your local council if your home has been built to cyclone standards.
- Check that the walls, roof and eaves of your home are secure.
- Trim treetops and branches well clear of your home (get council permission).
- Fit shutters, or at least metal screens, to all glass areas.
- Clear your property of loose material that could blow about and possibly cause injury or damage during extreme winds.
- In case of a storm warning or other flooding, know your nearest safe high ground and the safest access route to it.