I don't think anybody actually likes wearing uniforms—either at school or at work!
I've been schooled in both England and France, and in England we had to wear uniform, but in France, we didn't. I much preferred not wearing a uniform, and it didn't seem to have any effect on anybody's education, either.
Why Uniforms Are Generally Unpopular
- Less freedom to express yourself than if you get to choose what you wear
- Less comfortable than wearing your normal clothes
- Can lower self-esteem if they're not flattering!
- You need several identical sets of clothes in addition to your usual clothes, and this can be expensive
- It's meant to give them a sense of responsibility - they're representing their school wherever they go when they're wearing the uniform
- It's supposed to prevent clothing-related bullying
- It stops people wearing anything too revealing or inappropriate (t-shirts with expletives on, for example)
- People who own designer clothes have to wear the same uniform as those who can't afford designer clothes, which lessens the divide between students
- It's supposed to strengthen (or create) a sense of school identity and unity
Although schools in foreign countries, offer the provision that students are free to wear casuals in the school.
I think it takes away from their freedom of expression. Clothing helps make us unique in our own way and I think uniforms just make one feel like a clone. Although I prefer uniforms over affiliation type clothing meaning "gang style" or "nazi" type of dress I still believe it kind of sends the wrong message to kids. Society should not dictate what a person can or should wear but it is also society that says the aforementioned type of clothing is inappropriate.
Hello, there! I have a daughter who loves to dress in different uniforms and suits, but I don't have much money. Fortunately, I found the suit girls website where I ordered two beautiful suits for my daughter, choosing them according to age and style, and it seems to me that they are very high-quality. She wears them with pleasure. In my opinion, the quality is really worth the price here.