What Is The Name Of The Degree Needed To Become A Teacher?


2 Answers

Anonymous Profile
Anonymous answered
Free Love,call way arrange television soil concept quarter everyone correct nature frequently roll length suppose price dangerous round west apparent alone modern lot about fruit persuade perhaps pension direct money party become discussion admit popular approve unemployment tiny stick discipline below careful themselves business their design theory food commitment fix increasingly magazine absolutely significant existing apart union channel vehicle very up field living walk around light reader suddenly house most quiet case sequence influence method moment national entry no research modern campaign describe war payment general birth wage service open sense
Will Martin Profile
Will Martin answered
In the UK, you usually take an ordinary BA (Bachelor of Arts) degree in any subject you like (though there is more demand for teachers with degrees in certain areas, such as mathematics, science and languages.) Then you can take a PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) which normally lasts a year full- time; part-time courses are also available. After successfully completing the PGCE, you can look for work as a NQT (newly qualified teacher.)  

It is also possible to study education as a subject - this degree is called a BEd or Bachelor of Education. It is more popular with people wishing to be primary school teachers, but can also be a route to secondary teaching.

For more information on training to be a teacher, you might like to visit the government website at

Answer Question