There are a number of ways every person can improve his/her language skills. Whether you are a professional or just a beginner, learning is a part of life.
Here are some tips to help improve your English:
1) Reading - Spend time in reading. Whether it is books, magazines, or newspaper, reading is an excellent way to improve your vocabulary, and understanding of the language. Choose a book that meets your level of understanding of the language. Gradually, you can move on to more difficult ones as your English improves. Also, if you need to improve your basics, there are many grammar books that teach you how to make sentences etc. If you come across some words you don't know the meaning of, be sure to look them up in the dictionary.
2) Watch TV - Watching documentaries, sitcoms can help you improve your English. Pay special attention to how they speak.
3) Speak out loud, in front of the mirror or maybe with a friend or sister. This will improve your speaking skills and boast your confidence.
5) Try writing small essays, stories, or paragraphs on a regular basis. You may want to get it checked by a trusting individual who can provide positive criticism as to where improvements can be made.
4) Lastly there are some good websites that can teach you English for free. Be sure to search some up in Google and find one that meets your needs.
Hope this helps, and best of luck.
English is considered to be one of the difficult languages of the world. However it's never been impossible for non-natives to get a masterly command over it. As far as my personal efforts, which I count to be not fruitless, are concerned, I can recommend you a few things that'll surely let you have at least a sense of English, if not a proficient spoken power:
1. First of all, come in contact with those who are in contact with literary or spoken English. Keep aside all shyness and hesitation and speak whatever comes out of your mouth. They'll surely criticize you and you have to……….. lend an ear, yes, lend an ear to it, because right here begins your actual training. Try to do what they ask. Criticism won't be necessarily positive. But you've to be necessarily positive.
2. Never be afraid when you fail to pick the advice given. On the grounds of my personal observation, I can assert that the people, who take some time in reconciling their hitherto unbound powers with new assignments, come out to have a better sense of the task. This is perhaps because of the mental work out that they do in the time taken and have a chance to make the new concepts subside calmly as a part of their general repertoire.
3. A new language cannot be learned in the twinkle of an eye. So be consistent and determined.
4. To increase your vocabulary, surf the Internet, read local and international journals of your choice in English, listen to news over the radio, watch television especially talk shows. But keep in mind that a good vocabulary does not guarantee a good spoken ability. In order to get something fruitful out of it, you'll have to resort to our first suggestion.
5. Try; try; try again, till you succeed.
If English is your 2nd language (foreign language) then speaking will be more completed than listening for you even then you have to be a good listener as well, in order to be a good speaker. Speaking fluency depends on your ability to understand English being spoken. However, for being a good speaker you should be proficient in the "Choice of Language and Vocabulary". You should have a grip over vocabulary. For this purpose consult dictionary and read newspaper everyday and underline the new vocabulary and make a notebook to note these word with their complete description i.e. Meaning, grammatical function, synonym and antonym of that word. If you make one or two common sentences of this word then it will be more helpful in using that sentence in you everyday life. "Knowledge of good Pronunciation" is also necessary for you to improve your speaking skills. For this purpose you have to listen to BBC news, dialogues of English speaking people and also watch English movies. It will provide you with good speaking skill. It would be better if you read the books on Phonetics and Phonology. There are also some audio visual cassettes and CDs in the market for improving this area of communication. You should have also the command over grammatical rules. There are certain features of connected speech which will help you in linking the words to each other while speaking. Being fluent is not the quality of a good speaker because sometimes it creates problems for the listener so you should be careful about the pauses and fillers in your speech to be a good speaker.
Read newspapers, magazines, books in english.
Watch films, News ,..., in English
write diary, journal, stories,..., in English
communicate with native speakers
The best way to develop english fluency is to read as much as you can and out loud. This will not only improve your reading skills but also your fluency. Talking to friends or with family members in english will help a lot as well. Remember do not be shy at all because of the fact that if you are shy then you will never be able to develop what you want. The key is to be confident, believe in yourself and then practise reading and speaking as much as you can. For words you cannot understand try consulting a dictionary or someone who is good in english.
You can improve your English vocabulary by studying a few words every day.
If you are able to learn 10 words per day, you should be able to build your vocabulary in no time.
When you study the vocabulary words, first you should write each word three to five times each. This not only helps you learn to remember the word, it also trains your hand to write it.
As you write the word over and over, say it aloud.
Think about the word as you are writing it.
Another helpful technique to learn vocabulary is to use flashcards.
Try making some small flashcards that you can keep in your pocket or in your purse.
You can then take these flashcards out and study them when you are waiting in long lines, waiting for an appointment, or any time and anywhere you have an opportunity to learn the words.
The key is to not cram more words than you think you can handle comfortably.
Well,this question is very easy to be solved,for my point of view what is the most important tips you should absorb is speaking aloud,everytime you should try your best to find someone to communicate with each other in English,after 3month hard practise your english ability will be improved a lot,on the other hand,I would like to suggest you to take part in some examinations,which is a good way to push you to learn english.
To improve English Language please try my suggestions which consist of four principles which are:
1. Learn English Language form your heart and full interest.
2. Choose a high quality teacher of English Language
3. Try to Speak English
4. The last and the most important suggestion is to practice and more practice is necessary for learning English.
So please try these steps ok.
In my point of view, speaking in English Language frequently is necessary using better vocabulary and and appropriate sentence structure. Therefore, speakers will be able to boost their communication skills and enhance their english language proficiency. On the other hand,get yourself into a Cambridge classes in order to improve yourself in English Language.As a conclusion, if you want to speak well in English then change your attitude and your concept toward English Language.Later, you may see the differences.
As it being mentioned above, the more you read there more you move on. Trust me! Find some native forums and participate with conversations, read read and read, even though it's hard sometimes, get good self study grammar book for yourself and be practicing at list 3-4 times a week and one day you'll realise that you can use English at proficient level. Good luck
The first thing that really helps achieve proficiency in English is how often you communicate in English with other people. The more you communicate, the more comfy you get with using English vocabulary and the more words you'll pick from people around you. Reading helps a lot! You can really expand your English vocabulary with reading without even making a conscious effort. The good thing about reading is that since you pick stuff that interests you, you don't have to make a great effort and at the same time it's not like you grab a dictionary everytime you come across an unfamiliar word. You can just guess the meaning of a word by the context in which it's used in the story. Do watch English programs on t.v and movies as well. They help you with vocabulary as well as getting the pronunciation right. Hope this will help you:).
It depends on what you want to say.
Well I think I will improve my english proficiency for reading english books, magazines any kind of english books that easily to comprehend
Try to listen to as much English as possible. Watch English documentaries, programmes, movies etc and listen to English language in radio. Try to speak English in a manner which you hear it. You can also visit the website which will be of great help to you. Please note that I am not a native speaker of English.
I truly agree with the suggestions given and the ability to communicate with native speakers will indicate your true confidence. It takes time and immense effort to improve your comunication skills.
I need to be continous while speaking
I am arabic Man and I want to Improve my language, I found the best way is the way that the child use it in learning, just arabic to who speak english with clear way for 5 hours every day, after limitted period I think you will feel you have very good skill when you speak
I enjoy English when I am being taught by someone. Telling me what to do. I miss school so much.
Previously Try,cup sorry mine offer organisation expect entire early observe herself alternative prevent unit support pool chance town head restaurant ship before troop victory exercise commit step politics acid die individual variety dark might everything only park context audience remove previous bedroom best address famous wild church fine section wild colleague college easy familiar liability rely voice press nearly club useful position argue introduce that throw account spirit horse panel cup art comment currently holiday pain lot increasingly effort half expression course fine open consist possibly next myself instruction keep change
What means does we use in improving fluency using story telling